Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!
Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Endorsement! Burt's Bees Lemongrass Insect Lotion

I LOVE Burt's Bees Lemongrass Insect Lotion! I mentioned it on my Facebook page the other week and I felt I needed to give it a "shout out" here. For one thing, it is a non-toxic, naturally safe pesticide. For another thing, it has a wonderful lemony scent! Ingredients include grape seed oil, lemongrass oil, citronella oil, eucalyptus oil, vitamin E, and rosemary oil. THAT'S IT! You would think it would have an overwhelming oily texture to it, but it doesn't.  Don't know what they do, but it is very easily rubbed in. First scent I smell is the lemongrass, then citronella. Sometimes citronella can be overpowering, but this is a nice "addition" to the lemongrass scent.

I wore it while I worked in the yard the other evening weeding my flower beds. I was right down in the grass and noticed that there were an awful lot of bugs around. Gnats, ants, earwigs, spiders, bees, flies, and a bunch of other flying things I didn't know the names of. But I had no problem with any of them!  I don't know if I would use it to while camping as I usually camp in deep woods where I need strong insect repellent such as Deet. But it is perfect for gardening in the early evening when all those pesky buggies tend to start coming out. 

The best part yet is that it has no heavy chemical scent.  After doing light yard work for an hour, I washed up my hands and face and headed out to run a few errands. I didn't smell like a pesticide factory walking through the store. I even ran into a friend who asked me what scent I was wearing! After I told her, she just laughed and said I may be able to start a trend!

1 comment:

  1. I also love Lemongrass Insect Lotion - however, this item is no longer available. Wish they would make it available.

    ReplyDelete