Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!
Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Scotch and Whiskey Quotes

One of the first drinks that I ever had was sipping my Dad's Dewar's on the rocks. I think I remember hating it but I eventually started to develop a taste for it after college. These days, I really enjoy single malt Scotch. Specifically, my favorite is Laphroaig.  I love it's smokey peatiness. Always have. When I order Laphroaig, I usually order it neat. This means ordering it without ice or a splash of water. In this way, one is able to get the full effect and flavor of the dram. (A dram is a small glass of whiskey or Scotch.)  Very rarely, if I am in the mood, I have it with one cube or just a splash of water but usually, just neat. Remember to always drink responsibly friends!

Here are some great Scotch and whiskey quotes I have found over the years.
  • "I love Scotch. Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly." - the character Ron Burgandy played by actor Will Ferrel in the movie Anchorman
  • "I love the sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather hear me drink Scotch." - George Burns, American comedian
  • "Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake." - W.C. Fields, American comedian and actor
  • "Set up another case bartender! The best thing for a case of nerves is a case of Scotch!" - W.C. Fields, American comedian and actor
  • "Whenever someone asks me if I want water with my Scotch, I say I'm thirsty, not dirty." - Joe E. Lewis, American comedian
  • "I like my whiskey old and my women young."  - Errol Flynn, Australian actor
  • "Whiskey is liquid sunshine." - George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright
  • "I should never have switched from Scotch to martini's." - actor Humphrey Bogart's last words
  • "There are two things a Highlander likes naked, and one of them is malt whisky." - Scottish proverb
  • “Champagne's funny stuff. I'm used to whiskey. Whiskey is a slap on the back, and champagne's a heavy mist before my eyes.” - actor Jimmy Stewart in the movie The Philadelphia Story
  • “I’ve been on the whisky diet – I’ve already lost three days!” - British comic Tommy Cooper
  • "For her fifth wedding, the bride wore black and carried a Scotch and soda." - Phyllis Battelle, American journalist
  • The light music of whiskey falling into a glass - an agreeable interlude." -James Joyce, Irish novelist and poet
  • "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain, American author and humorist
  • "Friendship is like whisky, the older, the better." - anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment