Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!
Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Endorsement: "The Help" (the Movie)

I watched this movie this evening and was blow away. The Help is such an incredible movie of depth and emotion showing the stories behind the Afro-American maids of the South in the 1960's and of the struggle of the young white female writer by the name of Skeeter to tell their story. I was moved by this movie in ways to requestion my own views towards others. If you haven't figured it out by now, I am liberal. If you don't agree and have issue with it, well ... there are other blogs you can read. :) 

I was brought up in a household with a father as an artist who nurtured us to love everyone of any race, religion, ethnicity, and orientation. I was so lucky to be brought up in a household such as this.  Sometimes you need a superb movie such as The Help to help remind you of those values, of civil rights ... of the equal rights of men and women.


The characters were well thought out and had depth. The story lines flowed. I can see why the characters of Aibileen played by Viola Davis and Minny played by Octavia Spencer were nominated by the Academy of Motion Pictures for best actress and best supporting actress respectively. And of course, Octavia Spencer won best supporting actress at the 84th Annual Oscars this past Sunday on February 26, 2012.

I whole heartily recommend The Help. It is an incredible story. It is also a movie to question your own morals, ethics, and ideas about society. I just truly enjoyed it. It renewed and restrengthened my views that we are truly all equal, deserving the same opportunities and rights as our fellow men and women.

1 comment:

  1. Whole heartedly agree...the book is wonderful as well!

    ReplyDelete