I found out a couple things when making them. For such an easy recipe, it can be sooo messy. When you are stirring in the Rice Krispies, they stick to everything and get everywhere. Make sure you spray the utensil you are using with spray butter or a Pam type spray to prevent sticking. Once the mixture was completely mixed and ready to spread out into the pan, I used a wooden spoon to pat it down evenly. My Mom also suggested wax paper. Another time-saving hint is that instead of melting the butter and marshmallows over the stove, you can microwave the mixture. In a microwave safe bowl, heat the butter and marshmallows on high for 2 minutes, stir evenly, then heat for an additional minute. Stir until smooth and then transfer into a large mixing bowl and add the cereal. The microwaving won't affect flavor and obviously saves a lot of time.
|Rice Krispies Treats!|
Rice Krispies Treats
From Mom (Abby Deeds)
1/4 cup regular margarine or butter
1 package (10 oz) of regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
5-6 cups of Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal
1. Melt margarine or butter in a large saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
3. Cook 3-4 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and then remove from heat.
4. Add Rice Krispies and stir until they are completely coated.
5. Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press the mixture evenly into a buttered 13x9x2 inch pan.
6. Cut into 2 inch squares when cool.