Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!
Frazzled Marc, half way through my 40s!

Monday, January 2, 2017

Discovering Roasted Cauliflower!

For my little Christmas Eve Open House, I channeled Mom Abby and put out a traditional crudite' platter of veggies along with her recipe for a spiced up veggie curry dip. It kicked ass! Check out my Mom's recipe and subsequent blog post on that:

Recipe: http://frazzledatforty.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-vegetable-dip-with-kick.html

Italian-style Roasted Cauliflower
Long story short: I cut up enough vegetables for an army but I barely invited a troop! LOL. What to do with all those veggies? There aren't enough vegetarians in the world. Now I knew I could do a stir fry with a bunch of them but I still had a ton of broccoli and a head of cauliflower larger than a butter ball turkey! SERIOUSLY.

So I did some research online because I decided I wanted to try something different than just steaming the cauliflower. Now I'm health conscious but I had definitely eaten my fill of raw veggies. Somewhere through the last couple years I remembered seeing a recipe for roasted cauliflower so I went that route.

I discovered the recipe below and modified it to my own tastes adding Italian spices instead of thyme. After all, I ain't got time for that.... get it? LMAO. OK really bad joke. Anyway, the original recipe is linked below and afterwords is my modified recipe! (The better one.. hahaha.)

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower-51143020

Marc's Italian Style Roasted Cauliflower

Ingredients:

- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 chopped shallots
- 4 chopped or minced garlic cloves
- 3-4 Tblspn Italian seasoning mix (basil, oregano, rosemary, savory, marjoram)
- 4-6 Tblspn olive oil
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Preheat oven to 425'F. Cut cauliflower into 1 to 1/2 inch florets. Spray down nonstick pan with olive oil spray. Mix garlic, cauliflower, shallots, seasonings, salt and pepper. Roast, flipping and tossing cauliflower occasionally, 35-40 minutes. Transfer to bowl and toss with grated Parm cheese. Use more cheese if you'd like.

The recipe online states to roast 10-12 minutes longer after sprinkling with Parm cheese until the cauliflower is tender., I DID NOT do this. I like my cauliflower a little more al dente. I could've even stopped the cooking at 35 minutes. Will shorten the time a little bit more maybe next time. It really comes down to how tender or hard you like your roasted cauliflower.

It's a great easy recipe you can do which will produce a roasted cauliflower that is earthy, garlicky, and nutty. Maybe even the kids will like it.

Doubtful though, the little monsters.




No comments:

Post a Comment